This is one of my favorite projects that I have done in the past. You can also do this for a small laundry room and take off the doors. You have instant laundry basket storage or the perfect bed for your furbaby!
I couldn’t find a small kitchen island – they were either too small and cheaply made or too big and too expensive. So I decided to create my own. Extremely easy to do!
- I bought a unfinished cabinet base at Home Depot and hauled it home in my Jeep.
- I measured the back and sides of the base and purchased beadboard. I had it cut to the measurements and applied the beadboard using liquid nails and tacks. Trimmed with corner pieces.
- Painted two coats with an accent color.
- Purchased a scrap piece of quartz top to fit.
- Added a few hardware pieces.
- Done in two days or less!
Total cost: Less than $350.00
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8