The world longs to be in love and be loved. Everywhere I look I find people searching for the perfect person to fulfill them or hang onto one-sided relationships, but they end up hurt and empty. Lord, You’ve taught me it’s impossible to experience true love and friendships without You. We love because You first loved us. You are love! It’s that simple. Truth is – we are incapable of loving one another if we don’t know You! Your truth tells me,
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love (1 John 4:7–8 NIV).
I read Your Word and You tell me that if I acknowledge that Jesus is Your Son, You live in me and I live in You. And whoever lives in love lives in You, and You in them. I live in love! I live in You! Our hearts beat as one. Now I am able to love others with a love that is unbreakable. What more in life do I need? With You by my side, my love for others is true.
Thank You for teaching me that I can:
- Love others who have hurt me.
- Let go of one-sided relationships, but continue to love and pray for them.
- Seek and build true relationships – invest my time with those who want to invest their time with me.
- Seek Your guidance in all that I do.
- Discern what is true and what is not.